Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sorry no WIP

Welcome everyone to WIP Wednesday
Only problem I don't have any pictures.
My hubby took the day off work as our bed was being delivered.
I dreamed of:
Odessa Divan Bed

But I got:




Yes that's right NOTHING!

We had an original date for the 8th Feb and that got
cancelled about 2 days before
It was rearranged for the 29th Feb and they will ring you before 10:30am
with a time slot.
No phone call
I rang them and the first person put me on hold for 10mins and then cut me off
Rang again the second person put me on hold for 15mins and then cut me off
Rang again and asked to speak to a manager and they said they would ring me back
They rang me back to say they had "lost my order"
But don't worry they can order another one (bearing in mind I have now been waiting 2 months already).

Our previous bed was a wooden bed so my husband had spent the morning taking it to pieces.

So now I have a mattress on the floor and no bed.

Everytime I walk into the bedroom I burst out laughing.

Oh well I think I'm on a hunt for a new bed.
Should be interesting getting into bed with the pain in my leg
but i don't care it's just too funny.
It could only happen to us!

Anyway I might not have any WIPs to show but I bet there are some other fantastic ones to check out:







6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can at least laugh! I definitely think it is a good idea to look elsewhere for the bed, I hate when companies are so unhelpful about an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds very frustrating. I think I had a very similar experience with some grasscloth wallpaper. It took 14 months to get our order, but just a few weeks ago DH remarked that it "really was perfect" and that he was "glad we waited for the one we wanted." Fingers crossed that you have no more trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are giggling today!!! At least one good thing came out of no bed...a case of the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! Yup laughing is better than crying. Look you can relive University days sleep on the floor, and you didn't want that bed anyway... There is an even better one out there waiting for you!
    willow4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It looks like things might have turned out for the better. we've found a bed for a 3rd of the price and we are also getting little red a new bed as I can't manage making his bed anymore (he has a cabin bed near the ceiling. All in all it will be fine (fingers crossed)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had an experience similar to yours. So understand the customer service issue especially the bit about them calling you with a delivery time and then not receiving the call. Glad that it did turn around and you found yourself a new bed and little red a bed too.

    ReplyDelete