Saturday 25 February 2012

Guest Blogger Week 5 Crochet Dyverse


I would like to say a big welcome to this weeks Guest Blogger Anne from Crochet Dyverse

I live in Kenya, twenty five years old, and I totally love crocheting but I usually knit, sew and also do jewelry. I find it easier crocheting than knitting. So I decided to start a blog and share most of my creative works. It has been a journey that has helped me grow. I have also made lots of friends through this and I am not planning to stop crocheting and blogging here are some photos some in my blog and some are not.
This is me we went for a class trip to Lake Bogoria or a class


.
One of my most amazing bags I have made


And some crocheted earrings

I am doing a tutorial of how to make a crocheted belt for this guest blog post.
Materials
Ø  Left over yarn (two colors) I used black and grey
Ø  A buckle

Ø  A needle

Ø  A crochet hook


NB
Make sure that the yarn is heavy and the size of hook is proportionate to the thread for the right tension. The trick is to ensure that the belt does not stretch out.

Steps
Chain eleven stitches with the first yarn. (Or depending on the size of your buckle and how wide you want your belt.)
Dc on the second chain  ,  all through there after and turn. *chain one and dc till the end and turn*
Repeat ** till the length of belt you want
Then change to the other yarn (different color) till the length of the previous color
Now you have your belt twice the length you need
Press the belt so as to ensure the two colored stripes are equal
Place the buckle in the middle of the belt and do even running stitches just below it
The do even running stitches all over the belt using the main color thread
And voila you got your amazing crocheted belt


I hope you enjoyed that tutorial. The pattern is not yet tested so it might have some errors but since it’s an easy one you can make it work. I am wearing my belt with jeans. Wear it with something else and be creative


Am looking for more followers on my blog on http://crochetdyverse.blogspot.com/
And more likes on my facebook page you can find the button on the right side of my blog, and if you want me to follow your blog, leave a comment on my blog am always eager to find new blogs..


Good day people!

Please all say a big thank you to Anne for her wonderful post!

Don't forget to join in the giveaways:
http://susand1408giveaways.blogspot.com/

& the blog hops:


Beauty Brite Weekend Gathering Hops

6 comments:

  1. I've made a couple of crichet belts myself and I love them... So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag you made!! Am going to try the belt,as I am always in need of one...
    I too have a blog...frigid bitch's stitches...follow me, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan!
    Thank you for following me. Im following you right back :)
    Its so nice to meet such lovely creative people through the blog hop!
    Love from India

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice photo of you in Bogoria. Thanks for the belt tutorial - I've never made one before so might just have to save this to my todo list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the little white bag you made, I'd like to try to make one myself. As for the belt I'd like to crochet it in a nylon type thread, one that is more sturdy and dense so that the belt won't stretch too much.
    I've just made a cell phone pouch for my niece from a pink and red square as she has a Tracfone LG800G smart prepaid phone with a big touch screen, which I'm afraid might get scratched or cracked and then it's goodbye $50 for a new replacement phone.
    It's amazing to connect with people from all over the world who love crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. would like to thank Susan for having me on this feature,am honored.
    thanks all for your wonderful comments

    ReplyDelete