Friday 24 February 2012

FO Friday 24/02/12 & Crafting with Children & Board Games

Well I haven't got anything for Finish off Friday
I've got a couple of things that I 
hope will be finished for next Friday.
In the meantime I thought
I would show you
the crafting with children that I did with Little Red

This does use yarn so it may count :-)

We decided to use my scraps of yarn and make them into a yarn picture.

Items needed:
  • colouring picture
  • yarn
  • pva glue
  • plastic cover (optional)
  • paper plate
  • brush
  • sizzors


First off all download a free colouring sheet from the internet
We choose Little Red's Favorite character Peso from Octonauts

After the printing I set the table up
Plastic cover for table (does involve pva glue)
put pva glue on the paper plate
bits of yarn

First you get your picture


Put PVA glue on the brush


Put the Glue on the picture

Cut some of the yarn into pieces

and stick to the picture

Little Red choose the colours for his picture
the only thing I helped with is cutting some of the yarn to pieces

We also used some pieces that had been knitted but 
weren't used.  We cut these up for the sea.
The only thing left to do now is let it dry

I haven't finished my book yet but I am nearing the end so I will hopefully be able to review it next week.

We love playing board games in our house so I thought I would review each
one as we play it.
We have 6 shelves of games to play with Little Red

The first one we played was:

Pop to the Shops
from orchard toys
2-4 players
age 5-9



I love this game because it teaches children all about money.

You have a board with each of the 4 shops on.
we still play with all 4 shops no matter who is playing

You each get a set amount of money


each time you pass the bank you get 20p

The object of the game is to sell and buy as many items as possible.

Each shop is a different type Bakery, Greengrocer, Newsagent & Mini Market
different items cost different amounts.
You pick a card turned face down and you have to go and buy that item.
We tend to put the card back if it is from your shop.
Little Red does tend to get fed up before the game is finished.
The positives of this game is he learns to learn what different coins are
you have to learn adding and subtracting
You get an understanding of how much things cost.

Now I hope you'll pop over and see some people who have
some FOs




By the way I am sorry if I haven't been commenting on other peoples blogs
as much lately.  Please know that I do read them
but I am having a lot of problems with my CFS
I took Little Red to the duck pond round the corner yesterday
I only just made it there.  I thought I was going to collapse the fatigue got so bad
Luckily they have a bench so I spent about half an hour recovering before setting off home.
Benji was really good and sat by my side whilst I rested.
There were other dogs about, people, children, ducks and he still sat there

Little Red had fun feeding the ducks


and then when it was all finished
we made our way back home.
It was nice to see some sunshine but
scary how bad my fatigue has got!

Also if you are on facebook don't forget to
come and check out our crochet group.
You are allowed to post about what ever you want as long as
it involves crochet.












2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day to spend with your little one. Crafts with yarn is just another way to introduce fiber arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks like he was having such a good time.

    ReplyDelete