Wednesday 8 February 2012

SIBOL Blanket

Please Read & Bid


Thank you to Lotti who collected Squares for a special 'Think Pink' Blanket.


This lovely, one-of-a-kind item was knitted by members
 of the ‘Sunshine International Blankets of Love’ group, 
who make blankets for the elderly. 
Members of this world-wide group knit or crochet squares and send them to the project’s co-ordinator, 
who then sews them together and distributes the finished blankets to the elderly via nursing homes. 
This particular piece was made by group members from the UK, USA, Belgium, the Netherlands and Australia. 
All proceeds from this auction (excluding P&P costs) will be donated to Breast Cancer Care, an essential charity for anyone affected by breast cancer. Some of the contributions here were made by actual sufferers and survivors of this relentless illness.

TO BID:
TO READ THE FULL POST:

5 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I really like your work too and I'm a total fan of this because pink is my favorite color. Following you now,
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blanket love sibol as well. going to bid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am Dear Susan, I am one of your friends now. I am very pleased to meet you. And I am watching all your good works on your blog just now. Thank you very much and all best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blanket, good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't my blanket, it's one from SIBOL - I follow their blog and I know how much each bid on this blanket means. I hope you all enjoy my blog.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete