Wednesday 1 May 2013

What You Doing Wednesday Week 56


Goodbye April
Hello May

I hope you all had a good April
and are looking forward to May!

Thank you all for your kind words.
The stress has been put on hold for the moment
so I'm putting it to the back of my head
and enjoying my crafting and family instead :-)

Winter doesn't seem to want to let go
of England this year.
Everytime it seems to brighten up and get a bit warmer
the ice comes back.
We are at least seeing a bit of sunshine which is always nice.

I've got quite a few things in the making.
A dragon hat. 
The tunisian multi garment
from the Craftsy
Tunisian Crochet Course.
The squares I am working on from:
Rowan's Learn to Crochet
Sampler Afghan
    

I've still got the last part of the flower to finish.
From Dinamic Crochet's pattern:
Isn't it a beautiful design!
I've started cutting out my Hedgehog
for the pattern I bought from 
Stuffed Hedgehog PATTERN - Sew by Hand Plush Felt Stuffed Animal PDF - Easy to Make

I am also making a beautiful scarf.
It's available at Ravelry 
& Until 31st March 2014, 
£3 ($4.66) from the sale of each pattern will be donated to
the Wales Air Ambulance.
& the pattern only costs £3.25 ($5.05)
This is hopefully what it will look like finished 
    
Isn't it beautiful!


I am currently reading:
Altered Souls
by Karice Bolton
Book:
    
Kindle:
   
This is the 2nd Book in the Witch Avenue Series 
I enjoyed the 1st book so much I purchased the 2nd one straight away.
The story is based around 2 main characters 
Triss and Logan.
In book one a number of upsetting and strange things happened 
as Triss nears turning 18.
Since then she has learnt a lot about the disappearance of her mother
and what is happening to her friends and family.
The story has many twists and turns and keeps you guessing.
It is a fantastic twist on a witch story.
I am really enjoying the book!

Craftsy has some really exciting news!
They have a number of new courses:
Being released on the 1st of May:

Kenneth King: The Carefree Fly-Front Coat (sewing) 
Jacquie Gering: Improvisational Piecing, Modern Design (quilting) 
Marsha Winbeckler: Ruffles and Draping: Fabric Techniques in Fondant (cake decorating) 
Terry White: Free-Motion Machine Embroidery (embroidery) 


Craftsy Logo


Don't forget to enter the Lisa's Heirloom Designs Giveaway

1st Prize $20 to spend in Lisa's shop




Now it's your turn to share what you are doing.

It doesn't have to be crochet, anything you are making

is perfect.


To Link Go To: 


I am also linking up with:


   


2 comments:

  1. I do hope that England lets go of winter before my wife and I get over there. One of the reason we're going is that my wife can celebrate her birthday in summer.

    All you stuff looks real good as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like England has found the sunshine. For the first time I can remember it's actually going to be sunny on a bank holiday weekend as well. My fingers are crossed for sunshine for you! If you are going down south they have more sunshine anyway. We are in the north and it rains more than other parts.
      Thank you.

      Delete