Saturday 28 January 2012

Guest Blogger Week 1 Marie from Soft Earth Art

I would like to say a BIG WELCOME to our first guest blogger:

Marie from




The Enchanted World of Needle Felting  is full of Rainbow dyed soft New Zealand Wool Its warmth and light speaks to me, I feel it breathe in my hands and fingers. I want to warm peoples hearts and ignite in them a stirring of their spirit. Magical creatures, fantasy figures, Waldorf Inspired, Gnomes, Fairies. Living out in the rural countryside. I am inspired by Mother Nature. Here all is calm and peaceful.



Children especially find my art appealing as it appeals to their wonderful imaginations. My small homestead and garden is organic and was built 25 years ago. I work on the Kitchen table, and the sun̢۪s light bounces off the wooden walls, to create a heart-warming glow.

I started making a few small wool dolls, and took them to markets and fairs to sell. They were well received. I friend suggested that I start a blog, and I have been astounded  at the interest and following. I joined Etsy and the New Zealand on-line shop Felt. I wanted to share my art with others globally, to let them have in their homes a little piece of me. To this end my art is affordable to all.



By going global this has extended my view of the world.  New Zealand is a fairly small Island nation, but now I consider the seasons happening in the world and create items for others’ Seasonal Nature Tables. I love what I do and have written a lot of short poems that go alongside my original 3D needle felt art. My hope is to publish these in a book.

Cheers  Marie


I hope you will join me in becoming a follower of Marie's blog and saying a big thank you for her being the first guest blogger.

I already have a number of things on my wish list!




4 comments:

  1. Many thanks for the opportunity to be a guest Susan, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely interview with a lovely and talented artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog
    new follower of your blog
    now follow my blog
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete