Friday 13 January 2012

FO Friday 13/01/12

Good Morning Everyone!


I hope you are having a good FO Friday!

I've been at work a lot this week so haven't made as much as I would like.  I ended up going straight to bed after finishing work as I had a migraine.  I couldn't move my head without being in immence pain and feeling like I was going to be sick.  I took my medication, went to bed at 5pm and luckily by 9:30pm I was able to get and have some dry bread to eat before going back to bed.
Feeling better this morning so I'll hopefully be able to take some timeout today to relax and make something.

I set myself a goal on New Years eve to manage the housework and my illness better.  I read on a website that Dr's now think that rather than planning your day with long rests you should do your excertions in smaller quantities and have shorter rests.  I'm going to try and do something for 1-2hours and then rest for 30mins-1hour.  I'm going to give it a try and see if it helps.  I'm also making my resting time more relaxing.  keeping the lighting soft and either no noise or relaxing music on in the background.

Anyway enough waffle about me!  lets get to FO Friday.

The other week I made a set of mittens for my husbands friend.  Unfortunatley I had never met the customer so made a mans pair of mittens.  I then found out that he is very small and they were just too big.  I got them back and frogged them.  It broke my heart to frog them and it was made worse by the fact I had fastened off well and couldn't find my ends.  After frogging them it was back to making them again:


I got the pattern from:

This is a very easy pattern to follow and they look great once finished.  The only alteration I made was I made the chain longer at 41ch and used a 5mm hook.  I also made 2 rounds where the thumb is so that the thumb was partially covered.  I then made enough rows for it to measure to 19cm.  Thankfully they now fit!  I might make a smaller pair for my son and maybe even a pair for me. 

I finished an order as well.  I might make another one in the future as well.

It was a tiger scoodie.  The customer wanted it in cream and brown.
I might make one in the future in orange and cream.

I hope her daughter likes it.  It took a lot longer than I thought it would.
I did all the markings free style so it would look more natural.

I'm planning on making some squares and some valentines items today and this weekend so come back and take a look at next weeks FO Friday.

Don't forget to check out some other wonderful FO's on Tami's site and all the other sites.
Click on the link:





11 comments:

  1. Love your mittens - so sad you had to make them again in a smaller size!
    I love to knit, but have just spent the last hour trying to learn how to ripple, want to crochet a ripple blanket! Happy FO Friday. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scoodie is so adorable! Sorry you had to frog the mittens, that would frustrate me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the mittens. Love the scoodie, it turned out so cute. Like you though, I prefer it in the orange with ears and all. They must have wanted it to look like a white tiger. To each their own. Beautiful work like always. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always bugs me when I have to frog something and can't find my ends! At least it was a small pattern to frog and nothing too too major :) The scoodie turned out cute! The orange would look really really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a cute mitt pattern. I'll have to try those some time!

    Cute scoodie, too. Love the little paw prints on the ends of the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! The scoodie is adoreable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's no fun having to frog the mitts, but the new ones look great. I love the scoodie - I have never seen one before :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better really soon. Love the scoodie & the mitts - shame you had to frog them. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I haven't got time at the moment but I think I am going to make a scoodie in orange and black because I want to see what it would look like. I think I might put bigger ears on it as well. Looking back I'm glad I had to frog the mittens because the 2nd time around they were a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no! I can't believe you had to frog and reknit those mittens - I'd have hated to do that (and would probably have kept those for someone else and made another pair!)

    They look lovely though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muy bonitos,me gustan mucho!
    un abrazo!

    ReplyDelete