Friday 18 November 2011

IDEAS

This is just a quick blog about an idea I have.  I'm putting the idea out there to see what people think.

  • I don't know whether or not it would be a good idea
  • I don't know whether or not it would work
  • I don't know if anyone would be interested in it
  • I don't know if it would be possible
  • I don't know if I could get the funding for it

The idea is a competition
  • Everyone sends in a pattern they would like to enter.
  • Each pattern is tested by a number of testers and they grade the pattern on a number of categories
  • The patterns that win go into an ebook
  • Each winner gets a % of the takings of the book & the overall winner is on the front cover
If there is enough success of the ebook we could even look at getting the book published.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea, however I think you may find that you have a copyright problem if people are submitting patterns that they didn't create themselves? E.G. I am not a Crochet designer, so all my creations are from someone elses patterns, and even if I do modify them along the way, I still think that the main bulk of it is made up of the designers work! This is just my opinion of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. I think I would have to say that you could only submit your own patterns.

    ReplyDelete