Friday 5 April 2013

I've Made Friday Week 53

Good Morning Everyone.
I hope you are all having a good week
and are looking forward to the weekend.

I haven't made much this week.
With hubby being ill and I'm trying to recover
from seeing Justin.
It was fantastic fun, chance in a lifetime for Little Red
but boy am I paying the price!
I really wouldn't of missed it for the world.

Hubby still isn't 100% but he is at last
able to stay awake for more than 20mins
& he is able to eat.
Fingers crossed Little Red & Hubby will
be back at school and work on Monday.
I need the peace.

We've had a great week of finding things to do in the house.
It's been such good fun.
Little Red had a 15 A4 booklet of maths homework
to do so we've been doing 3 pages a day
to get it out of the way quickly.
Inbetween we've been doing some experiments with water:
Making a vortex with 2 bottles and some water
Holding a piece of card so that the water doesn't leak out
Keeping a piece of tissue dry in an empty glass in a bowl full of water 
Moving a diver up and down a bottle of water.
Using a pen lid, paper clip & bluetak.

We've also been playing loads of games.
I'm going to start taking pictures of them
and doing full reviews over the next coming weeks.

Now onto what we've made:





Me and Little Red gave wet felting stones a go.
I don't think they turned out too badly.

I've also made:
A bath loafer using the free crochet pattern:
Simple Bath Loafer by Crafts by Megan

&
A washcloth from
the Little Crochet Book by Linda Permann.
The one in the book is much fancier using different colours
but I wanted to stick to the theme.
It's a gift for a friend that is moving house.
Kindle
      
Book:
   
I will be making lots more out of this book!
There are loads of things that you just want to make.
I have already made a little applique for one of Little Red's T-shirts.
It's not a very good picture as within 2 seconds of snipping the last end
it was on him and he wouldn't let me take a picture.
I'm going to add more of the design soon.
as the book has much more to the design:

For her daughter I bought a present and then
made this bookmark.
Her head is always in a book and she loves the colour purple.
I used the free crochet pattern:

I also made a baby hat
using the curly cue hat
from the book:
Baby Crochet by Sandy Powers
     
In the book she uses pink but I decided
to go with a blue for boys :-)

Now as you probably already know Google Reader (probably GFC)
is going. I haven't panicked even though I am not looking forward to it
but I am looking into alternatives.
I have set-up a Feedly account (and added a pin to the sidebar if you want to join)
This is quite a good option as I like their android app.
I mostly read the blogs I follow on my phone so at the moment this is winning.
When you join you can link it to your google account and it will
automatically transfer over all the blogs you follow.

The other option I am looking at is bloglovin.
You will also find a pin on the side for you to follow me this way.
I do and don't like bloglovin. There are a few things
which are making it number 2 for me.
I don't really like how you get from and to each post
when you are using the app on your phone.

Neither app is as good as google reader on my phone
and it is going to take a while to get used to.

There are other ways to follow:
  • Email
  • G+
  • Twitter
  • or follow with another reeder.
I hope you keep following me
as I'll miss you all if you don't :-(

Now onto what I've been reading (listening to)
The Lost Prince by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Lost Prince.

This book wasn't as good as some of her others
but it was still a good read.
The book is about a boy, his father and their life
on the run.  The boy doesn't know the reasons
behind what is happening and doesn't really know they are on the run
and in hiding.  He just knows that his father and "friend" 
tell him the rules he must follow. He speaks many languages
and knows not to reveal anything.
It's the struggle of a father to keep his son safe
because if people knew who he was his life would be at risk.
The story tells of him meeting new friends and finding
out more and more new information before
he has to set out on a mission himself.
It's a very interesting story but i got a bit
frustrated about the characters being a bit too naive and
not relaising things till the story wanted them to know
even though in real life they would of figured it out long ago.
The characters are good and I love the way they all interact together.
It's a good read and as it's free I'm not complaining.
I listened to the book but you can also download it for free from:

I've also got some other exciting news!!!!!!

Craftsy

Craftsy is having a spring sale!
So click on the picture above & see if you want to join a class today.
The Sale runs 5th - 8th April


Now it's your turn
It doesn't have to be crocheting
anything you've made is more than welcome!
Please try and visit at least 2 other sites
to see what other people have been making.
Can you also put the pin and link to this page
so that we can get more people joining in.
Thanks!


To Link Up Go To:

I'm also linking up with:
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment