Tuesday 14 August 2012

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful Husband!

Today I have been married for 8 years!


It was a very special wedding!
Made all the more special by the wonderful
things that me, my family & friends 
made for the day!
My family & friends made it a day we would never forget.


We aren't all romantic and we don't really celebrate
our anniversary
but I wanted to say a huge thank you to
my husband for putting up
with me for all these years.


I met my husband when I was 17 years old.
I was then in a serious relationship
so we never got together.
Over the years we got together a few times
but I would get cold feet and called it off.
When I was 29 years old
we met up again and everything just clicked.
I had been denying all this time that he was my one true love.
Now he isn't the most romantic man in the world
but he is the rock in our family.
He rebuilt our house when we had to go back to the brickwork.
He built our conservatory, fireplace
& everything else we have.
Now I'm ill he is the one that does the shopping, gardening
cooking, looking after Little Red and general housework.
We may not have enough us time
but we both know that no matter what happens
we love each other and will always be there for each other!


We are both realists, stubborn & sarcastic.
Other people think we bicker a lot
but you know what it's just our way.
There isn't any malice and we have a laugh doing it.
The most important think about me & D is that 
we love each other whole heartily
and are honest & truthful.


Happy Anniversary D!
You are the best!



22 comments:

  1. Wish you Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!
    I just wanted to say that I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now. I've really enjoyed it! :)
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much!You've made my day! I hope you carry on enjoying it :-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! And hope you have many more wonderful years together! (You and your hubby sound a lot like my hubby and me.. We have been married over 34 yrs. and we aren't romantic either and can be sarcastic also--but we are just playing!!) Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much! I hope we stay together as long as you and your husband :-).

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!!!...Not romantic?!....WOW! I'd be all over the romance after 8 years! LOL But to each his own, and apparently your way is working for you! :-) Congrats again!!!...Doing a happy dance for you....non-romantic. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew from the start that hubby wasn't romantic. It does mean when he does even the littlest thing it makes it even more special. Thanks ever so much!

      Delete
  5. Just found your blog,it's very interesting.We celebrated our 24th Anniversary on the 12th.Like you we don't bother with cards n stuff romantic,but he is my rock and always there when i need him.I have just started crocheting again after a long time,am loving it.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! I hope crocheting carries on giving you lots of joy. I hope you enjoy the blog!

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary dear friend!!!! You look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Just wish I looked like that now ;-)

      Delete