Saturday 18 August 2012

Guest Blogger Week 26 Toko-san


I would like to say a huge welcome
to December
 from Tako-san


Hullo!

I'm December and my blog is http://takosan.pl/ (please forgive me my mistakes, as English's not my native language).

I'm really greatful to Susan for inviting me here. I read the posts of the previous guests and I must say I am in an excellent group. Thank you so much!

Behind every crocheter hides some story. Mine begins in November 2011, when I found a hand-made tortosie for sale. My mom taught me how to knit and crochet when I was 7, but at that time I wasn't at all interested in making clothes. This one little tortoise changed everything. I love turtles (I happen to love quite a lot things, really) so I had to have it. I've spent three long days looking for the pattern, and then I had to learn what all those English terms means. That's how it begun. From then on there come more and more awesome things to make...



When Susan wrote me on Ravelry, I was dumbstrack. I don't think of myself as a skilled crocheter. But I took the challenge and – here I am! With the pattern for a corner bookmark. Hope you'll like it!

Corner bookmark
It was made with Alize Puffy Season and 3,5 mm hook, but you can use whatever yarn you like (and hook that matches it). You'll need small amount of yarn (maybe some leftovers?) and yarn needle.

The terms that I use:
st – stitch

ch – chain
sc – single crochet (UK double crochet)
dc – double crochet (UK treble crochet)
sl-st – slip stitch
FO – finish off


1. I started with making ch 16, but you can make your bookmarks smaller or larger – but remember that the number of chains must be even.
2. Make ch 3 and 1 dc in 3rd chain from hook. Then repeat: *skip 1 st, sc and dc in next st*. In the last st make 1 sc.
3. Ch 2, turn, dc in the same st, then repeat: *skip 1 st, sc and dc in next st*, in the last st make 1 sc.
Now repeat 3rd row until you get a square (in my case it was 11 rows more, but it depends on size, your unique crocheting style and yarn).
FO

That's one part. We need one more – do it the same way, but don't fasten off! Instead, do as written:
1. Put both pieces together and use yarn needle to keep it on place. Start working on the corner where you've finished second part. Join pieces at the lenght of two sides of square, repeating: *sc in next 2 sts, ch 2, sl-st in the 2nd ch from hook*. In the corner stitch you need to make 3 sts.
2. When you reach 3rd side of square, stop joining pieces and just continue on one of them. FO. Later you can end crocheting around the second piece or not – it depends on you. Weave in all threads.

Ta-daa! Boomark's done and ready to use :)



Thank you for your attention. I'm really glad to be here! Susan is so amazing person, I hope things will get better for her soon! In the meantime, I'm sending you much of love, Sue!

C'ya! (*ω)(ω*)

English Blog: http://en.takosan.pl/


 Thank you ever so much December!
Your work is wonderful!
Thanks ever so much for the bookmark pattern!
It looks fantastic and would look great
in loads of colours!
I hope you all enjoy her fantastic post & fantastic pattern.
Please take a look at Decembers sites
& her work :-)


7 comments:

  1. Glad you like it. I have forwarded your wonderful comments to December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks! I'm glad too :)
    December (had to use Google account)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bookmark will make great Christmas gifts!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have forwarded your wonderful comment to December.

      Delete
  4. That is a really neat pattern! Am definitely going to have to try it - thank you! Happy hooking ;-) Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have forwarded your wonderful comments to December :-)

      Delete