I would like to say a huge welcome
to Fiona & Shirley
Hi I am Shirley and I am one half of Shifio!
I design all of the knitting patterns for Shifio’s Patterns
and some of the crochet ones as well.
I have 3 children all grown up and left home,
no pets and have lived in the highlands of Scotland all my life.
Hi I am Fiona and I am the other half of Shifio!
I design most of the crochet patterns for Shifio’s Patterns
I have one child, he is just a toddler and keeps me very busy
I have one “fur baby” as well and her name is Maddi,
she is our doggy model- and hates every minute of it!!
• How did you decide on the name for your blog\shop?
The name ShiFio comes from a combination of our names SHIrley and FIOna,
• What do you have on\in your blog\shop at the moment that you would like to talk about?
We have a Mother’s Day sale just started, 10% off on our website and ebay shop
• What made you start crocheting & knitting?
The only reason we can give for starting crocheting and knitting,
is that it was passed on so we have always had a knitting or crochet project to hand.
Shirley has produced garments for local shops, crafts fairs, friends and family for many years.
• What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time as well as crocheting?
Spending time with the family
• Where do you get your inspiration from?
This is a question we have been asked a few times. Inspiration comes from chatting together, from becoming a mother/grandmother, from lots of places, It can strike at anytime!!
• What made you start to sell your patterns\products (if you do)?
We decided that there was a gap in the market and that we could produce many different and usual designs ourselves and that is how ShiFio's Patterns started.