Happy New Year Everyone!
I've re-written this post a number of times!
I've got so much going round my head that it's hard to put down what I'm thinking.
We don't celebrate New Year
I know shock horror.
I was fast asleep before 10pm.
We used to celebrate it when we were single
and when we first got together.
Now we've settled down and we have Little Red
we don't bother.
Little Red will be up before 7am
so the thought of staying up till midnight just to say Happy New Year
isn't possible for me anymore.
That being said I do think that 2013 is going to hold
a lot for our family.
There are things going on in the background
that I can't tell you about at the moment.
These things are going to make a huge difference to our lives
so I hope I can tell you about them soon!
Due to all the changes that could be happening
and the fact we don't know which way they are going to go
I've not made any New Years Resolutions.
I have found out a lot about myself this year
and have changed in a lot of ways.
There are things I want to carry on:
- I want to carry on sharing Handmade Love. I want to carry on purchasing other peoples patterns and homemade items. I want to carry on promoting other peoples beautifully made things and patterns.
- I want to carry on being grateful to my cyber world friends. They have helped me so much over 2012 and I'm looking forward to 2013 with them.
- I want to carry on appreciating my family, hubby & son! They make life so special
- I want to carry on designing and carry on my promise to release one free pattern a month.
- I want to try and clear my projects before starting the next. I will however allow myself one longterm project.
- I want to spend time at the weekend making things for me and my family.
- I want to carry on taking pictures but I would like to take more of Little Red doing just normal everyday things. Sometime we forgot that the little things are just as important.
- I want to remember that it's ok to ask for help. I don't normally ask and when I do I'm surprised by the generosity of people.
- I want to carry on being me. For many years I tried to be what people thought I should be and not who I wanted to be. Over the last year I've realised that it's ok to be me. I try not to care what other people think anymore. It's ok to be different and I want to teach Little Red it's ok not to be a sheep.
I think 2013 is going to hold a lot of changes.
I don't know where this will take me and my family.
I'm willing to take each day as it comes
and make the most of what I have.
My one big wish for 2013
is please can we have some SUN!
2012 was a complete washout and I really can't remember the last
time I saw the sunshine.
It would be really nice and it would really help my health.
I hope 2013 brings all the things your heart desires
and makes all your wishes come true.